His soul sat up. It met me. Those kinds of souls always do - the best ones. The ones who rise up and say, “I know who you are and I am ready. Not that I want to go, of course, but I will come.” Those souls are always light because more of them have been put out. More of them have already found their way to other places.
from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
A reminder to live in such a way that when Death comes, I’ll be ready to sit up and meet him.
As human beings, we have a natural compulsion to fill empty spaces.
You know, one of the tragedies of real life is that there is no background music.
A reminder to myself to continue searching for what makes me happy, and to live life with conviction:
Find what you love and let it kill you.
Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness.
Let it kill you and let it devour your remains.
For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but it’s much better to be killed by a lover.
~ Falsely yours”
― Charles Bukowski
Style is not neutral; it gives moral directions.
No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.
After putting all 4 to bed and hearing them 'talking' up a storm
- Me: I should go in there.
- Asia: No, they're so happy. It's like the Fresh Air Fund for them.
- Me: What? Stop it.
- Asia: No, for real. The Fresh Air Fund is...
- Me: I know what it is. And it's not my bedroom. It's about camping, right?
- Asia: No, you stay in people's houses.
- Me: I can't believe you just compared my bedroom to the Fresh Air Fund. How big do you think it is, 12 x 12?
- Asia: Are you blogging?
- Me: Yeah.
- Asia: Is ACS going to blow up because you have all those kids in your room?
- Me: No, it's approved. They all just had to have beds. And it's 'kinship' so the rules are even more flexible.
- Asia: But boys and girls can't be in the same room.
- Me: The oldest is only 4.
- Asia: You know how those people on your blog are.