No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.
After putting all 4 to bed and hearing them 'talking' up a storm
- Me: I should go in there.
- Asia: No, they're so happy. It's like the Fresh Air Fund for them.
- Me: What? Stop it.
- Asia: No, for real. The Fresh Air Fund is...
- Me: I know what it is. And it's not my bedroom. It's about camping, right?
- Asia: No, you stay in people's houses.
- Me: I can't believe you just compared my bedroom to the Fresh Air Fund. How big do you think it is, 12 x 12?
- Asia: Are you blogging?
- Me: Yeah.
- Asia: Is ACS going to blow up because you have all those kids in your room?
- Me: No, it's approved. They all just had to have beds. And it's 'kinship' so the rules are even more flexible.
- Asia: But boys and girls can't be in the same room.
- Me: The oldest is only 4.
- Asia: You know how those people on your blog are.
I am so far from being a pessimist…on the contrary, in spite of my scars, I am tickled to death at life.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
Nobody gets everything in this life. You decide your priorities and you make your choices. I’d decided long ago that any cake I had would be eaten.
Donald E. Westlake
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.
The bravest people are the ones who don’t mind looking like cowards.
Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.
Maxim Gorky (via tattoolit)